iChat AV video convo problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2Duo, 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 15.4"
Hi all!

I just bought my first mac! Macbook Pro core2duo! Having problems with ichat AV tho.

I have, to the best of my knowledge set up the correct port forwarding on my router and in the mac firewall settings but I still am only able to have a video conversation on ichat with other macs on my own network in my house, otherwise it doesn't connect. I can still text chat though. Does anyone know what else could be causing this? I've even tried putting all computers involved in the DMZ on my router but that didn't work either which is leading me to assume there's something on my mac i'm not doing right?

All the best
Simon

Reaction score
i'm not sure if this helps but i think i read somewhere if you System Preferences - Quick Time - Streaming and fiddle with the settings there you can get some results.

but that being said, next time you try video chatting and it doesn't let you go to iChat - Video - Connection Doctor - Log...and see what error it gives you and post it on here. i'm pretty sure some of the Mac whizzes here would be able to tell you whats wrong and how to fix it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.