Novice iWeb User Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have just started playing with iWeb for the first time. I have created a photos page using the Photos template and loaded it with some photos. I then published it to my web site. So far, so good.

Now, using my web browser (I have tried this with Safari and Firefox) if I click on a photo thumbnail on the page, some sort of photo browser window opens, with a smallish version of the original photo inside (i.e. the photo is not full size).

Instead of this, I want the following to happen: when I click on the photo, the full size photo opens in its own window. No browser, just the original photo, at full size.

At a bare minimum, if I have to use the iWeb photo browser thingy (SERIOUS technical term there), is there a way to have it show the full size photo?

Thanks, and sorry for the dumb questions. I have always coded my websites by hand, but thought I would give iWeb a try now that I own a Mac. So, I am fairly new to this app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
In short, no. The albums created by iWeb work using scripts from Apple, thus they cannot be changed. Also the size is limited to 800x800, if you use a bigger picture when creating the page, at the moment of "publishing", iWeb will create a smaller version of the image.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Ughhh, I was afraid of that. Back to another method I guess. I know that Photoshop will create web pages of photos and I may have to try that instead. Oh well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20-inch 1GB memory 250GB hard drive 8x DL SuperDrive NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics
Make a blank page and just add some photo thumbnails,and a hyperlink to original pictures......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.