Widescreen output from a 12" Powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 12" G4 1.5GHz 1280MB RAM
Hi folks,

I have a 12" Powerbook that I occasionally like to hook up to my Panasonic Plasma. However I don't get any widescreen resolution choices on the display menu when I connect, I get the black vertical bars either side of the screen (which I prefer to an unnatural stretched picture) - I'm trying to get a proper widescreen output if that's possible from a non widescreen Powerbook.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

Derek

Reaction score
I dont know if you got your questioned answered, but if you run your power book in clamshell mode, with the lid shut, then you can use the display as widescreen. Just plug in a usb mouse keyboard and the widescreen display to your pb, wait for it to detect, then close it, then wake it up by clicking or using the keyboard. Then you can set the widescreen display.

Reaction score
Derek,

Curious if your plasma TV has a DVI input at the back? If so, have you try to use a DVI to DVI cable to connect your powerbook to the TV?

I set up my 12" powerbook with my Sony LCD projection TV this way and it works pretty good. The TV did the stretching automatically for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.