dial-up sounds at startup!!!!!

S

sgretar

I have a problem with my powerbook...
I think I might have closed the computer at startup, and when I opend it, there was just black screen, so I tryed to restart, and then came just dial up sounds and nothing more, and the light in the front blinks constantly! :blind:
What might it be????

Thanx...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I can't remember which key it is, I think the Option key. Press and hold that during startup to see if you get a screen that allows you to choose a startup disk. If so, at least you know the screen is working. You could trying booting into the install CD too.

If the screen is working, then boot again and press and hold the V key to see the startup text. It might be fixing your discs after your forced reboot caused a problem. This is my suspicion if that light you mention is there to display disk activity. If this is the case, you need to let it finish.

I'm not sure what to think about the sounds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.