MacBook Remote Disaster

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
Guys, the imbecile I have the misfortune to share my living space with left the remote on the bed so that one of my dogs had the opportunity to chew it to death. Victoria being one **** of a huntress did not need much encouragement and so, less than ONE WEEK after the trauma of having to purchase a new laptop at a second's notice, said laptop is now sans-remote. What are your suggestions beside getting rid of the moron I live with? Will AppleCare cover this incident (I doubt it!)? Can I make them cover it and claim that I dropped the remote and walked over it (over and over agan) in a pair of Manolos, hence the sharp round marks? Should I tell the truth? How much is a new one gonna cost me? Thanks again!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
looks like it's about 30 bucks at the us store. what's that, about 20 pounds?

try thr replacement route though. try crying too, that'll help!
icon12.gif

OP
Stephanella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
30 bucks! That is nothing! That's like £ 15, although of course I suspect it will probably cost more like £ 25 here, but who cares, it means I can replace it pronto without much trouble! I will, however, go the phone route as you suggest and open the whining works if I sense sympathy at the other end... Will keep you posted!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
bring it in and try to say when you opened up the box that is how it looked. haha no thats a bad idea just tell them the truth and ask them to replace it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Very sorry for you that it happened. I would for sure chew out your roomie.

You will have to purchase one as that would not be covered at all by Applecare as you can probably understand, but at least the remotes don't cost a lot.

Tell that roomie to keep their mits off your Mac and the remote!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
apple has thousands of these things lying around, hers is not functional anymore (by no fault of her) apple should be responisble for replacing it. it costs them mere dollars to manufacture, probably less...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
apple has thousands of these things lying around, hers is not functional anymore (by no fault of her) apple should be responisble for replacing it. it costs them mere dollars to manufacture, probably less...

well technically, it was no fault of apple's either. the roomie should foot the bill.

OP
Stephanella
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Guys, I am somewhat flattered that you think I am young enough to have a roomie but as a matter of fact the moron I was referring to is my husband!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Guys, I am somewhat flattered that you think I am young enough to have a roomie but as a matter of fact the moron I was referring to is my husband!

ah... yeah, i get that too...
icon12.gif

and hey, my 60 yo dad's still single after he left my mom about 34 years ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.