seamonkey (mozilla)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
did a quick search, and saw this mentioned a couple times, but found no real info.

is anyone using this?
anyone using it mainly as an html editor? this is basically my plan (as opposed to, or in conjunction with iweb).

seamonkey

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so... nobody?

i checked it out briefly. seems like the old netscape composer or frontpage 97.

M

MacHeadCase

I looked at it a couple of times just out of curiosity, didn't download it or anything just poked my nose in the website for a looksee. And the description made me think of Netscape as well: the Navigator version (name?) which was supposed to be your one stop internet app.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yep, and back in that day that is what i used as an IE replacement, well navigator and composer anyway. they were pretty decent at the time but i had to give them up out of self-respect once aol bought netscape...
now that it's mozilla i don't feel quite so anxious.
icon12.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
did a quick search, and saw this mentioned a couple times, but found no real info.

is anyone using this?
anyone using it mainly as an html editor? this is basically my plan (as opposed to, or in conjunction with iweb).

seamonkey

If you're just using the html editor (Composer) and not the browser, do yourself a favor and use Nvu instead. Same editor, less bloated.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
thanks, i remember hearing something about that...
i'll check into it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.