Problem installing XP Pro Student edition on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
My younger brother asked me to install his Windows XP Pro Student Edition on his Mac. I was running bootcamp, but when it goes to install Windows it ejects the disk and says "No Bootable CD found."

Does the fact that its the Student edition of XP Pro have anthing to do with this? I've installed regular Windows on mine without any problem. Anybody have any ideas?

ADR

Reaction score
Man I'm having the same problem with my macbook pro and xp pro student. The first time that I tried to install xp, I kept getting errors. I finally was able to get finish an install without any errors, but xp ran slow and would take 2 1/2 min to boot so I deleted the partition and tried again. I'm not able to get it to work, now I get the same error No bootable CD. Let me know if you got it to work....

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
I don't understand if this is some sort of code name for your pirated software or something, but there is no "student edition"

There is student licensing for XP Professional but the media is the same as retail licensed XP Professional.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I was wondering the same thing, or thought that Office Teacher Student edition was being confused with XP

ADR

Reaction score
No code name here. Yes its the full licenced xp pro student media cd w/sp2, purchased from UCF computer store.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What Apple says is Full install of XP Home SP2 or Pro SP2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There is no such thing as a Student Edition of XP. There is Home, Professional, and Volume License versions

ADR

Reaction score
This is what it says on the cd. Windows XP Pro English student media cd w sp2 June 2006 systems student media/work at home media..... It also came with a copy of XP x64. I paid 79.00 for both cd's....

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There is no such thing as a Student Edition of XP. There is Home, Professional, and Volume License versions

Agreed, I have never seen that version. There is Home Upgrade, Home Full Install, Pro Upgrade, Pro Full Install, and the Corperate editions for large business's that don't require activation. I have never seen any other version of XP. Is this some special editon for schools?

At any rate, I doubt it's supported. They want the Full Home or Full PRO and SP2.

ADR

Reaction score
I finally got it working. I formatted using NTFS full file system intead of fat32 and it seems to be working fine now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, 30 GB iPod Video
The "student version" that is being mentioned in this thread I'm assuming refers to the discounted student license that is available to students at most major universities in the United States. I attend the University of Iowa and purchased a "student version" of windows XP Pro today. As noted earlier the CD says "Windows XP Pro English Student Media CD w/ SP2" and it is a full version. I hope this clarifies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
do you mind taking a picture of the disk so we can see even though you get it working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, 30 GB iPod Video
Here are two pictures of my "student version"

PC290616.JPG

PC290615.JPG

Reaction score
Imac 24 inch

How did you get your student version to run on your mac? I also purchased the student windows version and so far have been unsuccessful in getting it to install onto my computer. My partition is running the NTFS file format but for some reason the windows installation gets hung up after preparation. Does anyone know how to get around this bug?

Q

quackbook

I have the same question as JRT21 does.
I also have just purchased the exact same disk and labeled version as wwombach.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.