Problems with MSN messenger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
I use MSN messenger and for some reason it keeps quiting, i tryed using Aduim and had the same problem. it runs fine ,but when i try to chat to some one it quits for no reason. I tryed moving some file ago regarding the libary, and that worked, it was basically was like re-installing it, but now i have the problem again...any ideas ??????

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
perhaps you need to do a little cache maintenance?

do you have onyx?

if not, try it out. it might help.

also, i might try running it while no other programs are running (except finder) and see if it still quits. maybe it doesn't like running along side something else you've got running?

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got that program, very good, cleaned everything, but still have the problem with messenger ??, i even deleted it including its plist file and downloaded it again and re-installed it, still same problem .....anyone ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Do you have a 3rd party Firewall running? Perhaps it could be the reason.

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No firewalls running, nothing else running at all. I sometimes have Tomato Torrent running but ive tryed it without it. Come to think of it, ive had a few minor software issues over the past few months...maybe it could be my OS ? I have automatic updates turned on....

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and I think it is the last software update that messed things up.

Anyone know how to deal with this issue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.