WT Know, how can u tell if ur ibook G4 is bluetooth ready?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4, 14.1,768mb,1.2ghz,60 gig, cdrw/dvd slot drive,extreme card
I was wandering when i got my ibook g4, the guy said it was wireless extreme and bluetooth ready, but when i looked at the bluetooth and wifi combo it doesn't match up with my setup, i can fix the extreme card in there but is there a module that goes in a different place inside the ibook g4 14.1 1.2ghz laptop??? If anyone knows please let me know I would love to have bluetooth internal.. I have a bluetooth adaptor but it is too aggravating to have more than one adapter on the side of my laptop because I am using a wireless notebook mouse and it has a 2.4ghz receiver, please let me know thanks.. I have tiger 10.4.8 so i know it supports bluetooth but I didn't know if there was a module to buy and put it internal.. And how can u find one?? Thanks:yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
there is a way to put bluetooth internally on older ibooks. I attempted that once, and it did not turn out well, ended up wasting a usb port....and the bluetooth didn't work

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4, 14.1,768mb,1.2ghz,60 gig, cdrw/dvd slot drive,extreme card
I just thought there was a place in here that would allow me to put a module in, i didn't know there would be soldering going on lol.... Thanks I will check out that link, also the guy that i baught it from said it was extreme and bluetooth ready.. Guess he lied.. lol I have read that, I am not intrested in that LOL.. I will look for a ibook that has a messed up screen or hard drive and just swap my stuff over and sell this one maybe.. I dont' know.. Thanks though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.