Saving Cookies on Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 1.66Ghz 1GB RAM 60GB HD intel dual core
On my PC I had a couple of places I could save cookies, either through firefox browser or through CCleaner...particular cookies could be put in a "save" spot so when it was cookie cleanout time these were kept.

Is there somewhere in Safari this can be done? I even downloaded OnyX thinking maybe it would have this feature but I didn't see one.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I'm not sure if understood your Q properly but here is where you find all the Safari cookies.

Goto /Users/<User Name>/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist

If you double click and open it you will see lords and lords of cookies accumulated over time. To inspect individual cookie you can press on the little triangle symbol. You also can highlight individual cookie using the delete button on top. However this is going to be a very time consuming process. Perhaps someone else has a better idea.

The Netbarrier firewall comes with a Cookie manager for each of the browser you use.

OP
menno
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 1.66Ghz 1GB RAM 60GB HD intel dual core
Cookie manager, that's what I'm looking for.

I understand how to delete them all, and I sure hate to wade through everything, I know what I want to keep, everything else is just disposable.

I'll check out the firewall...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.