Question about printing

C

CaptainStandish

Hey guys, thanks for the responses to all my questions before. Everything that I did on my PC is now on my mac and I'm loving it. I have a simple question regarding printing.

How can I print just a selection of a document that I highlight. I'm using the safari browser if that matters. Or can't selection printing be done on a mac? Thanks for your time!

OP
H

heathpitts

select the text you want to print and then click the Safari menu -> services -> textedit -> new window containing selection

this will open up a textedit window with your text in it. then print this.

Sort of a long workaround but it works.

Reaction score
OK - There MUST be a simple, quick, one-step way to do this.
I have to 'select' 'print' a zillion times per day for my online business.
I get long emails and need to only print out a blurb of it. Perhaps 60 times per day. I personally cannot do the above action that many times. And IMO, I shouldn't have to resort to that. I have no idea what they were thinking when they left this out.

Is there any script, etc. floating around to solve this ridiculous issue? I just want to copy some text and click 'print selection'. :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.