• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why don't the full install of tiger have mac os9.2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4, 14.1,768mb,1.2ghz,60 gig, cdrw/dvd slot drive,extreme card
I have a problem, i can't load my apple works for mac os 9.1 or 9.2 because if i do a full format and install right off my install tiger 10.4 dvd i don't get mac os 9, but if i load 10.2 jaguar on it and upgrade it it upgrades my mac os 9.1. to 9.2 how is this? And can I load mac os 9.2 off the dvd??? Please let me know thanks...

M

MacHeadCase

Maybe you can download what you need from this link? Mac OS 9: Available Updates

And as for the Tiger full install... Well that's just it, it's a full install for Mac OS X 10.4, not for OS 9.x. :girl:

So just pop in your Jaguar disk and install OS 9.x then go to the link I just gave you and update your OS 9 install.

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that sucks man.. Why when I updated the 10.2 jaguar to 10.4 tiger instead of formatting?? If I have too I will load my orignal copies of 10.2 in order to make it work if I have too.. lol.. Thanks macHead.. U think that I can just scan my cd's and pull off OS9 and then do a update?? Like just run it from a cd and it will intergrate into the system???

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah re-read my above post, I forgot some info so I edited it. You're not SOL. :girl:

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
look at that machead, we were thinkin the same thing

M

MacHeadCase

that sucks man.. Why when I updated the 10.2 jaguar to 10.4 tiger instead of formatting?? If I have too I will load my orignal copies of 10.2 in order to make it work if I have too.. lol.. Thanks macHead.. U think that I can just scan my cd's and pull off OS9 and then do a update?? Like just run it from a cd and it will intergrate into the system???

Depending on your Mac model, yes. If it's an Intel-based Mac, it's a no-go, though. OS 9 does not work on an Intel-based Mac.

M

MacHeadCase

look at that machead, we were thinkin the same thing

icon10.gif
LOL

Just grab OS 9 from your Jaguar CD, then run the update from the link I posted. That oughta work fine.

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no it is a powerpc, i don't want a intel one, I will just keep this one till it messes up and find another one that is powerpc, i am afraid if i go intel based i will have pop ups and microsoft crap.. BTW I hate microsoft.. lol.. Me and u were editing at the same time lol.. Thanks man, I hope this is helpful for someone else too...

M

MacHeadCase

icon10.gif
LOL

Just grab OS 9 from your Jaguar CD, then run the update from the link I posted. That oughta work fine.

no it is a powerpc, i don't want a intel one, I will just keep this one till it messes up and find another one that is powerpc, i am afraid if i go intel based i will have pop ups and microsoft crap.. BTW I hate microsoft.. lol.. Me and u were editing at the same time lol.. Thanks man, I hope this is helpful for someone else too...

OH NO!!! AGAIN!!! Edited at the same time!
icon10.gif
LOL

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well so far i can't find it.. LOL... guess i can't put it on there unless i install it, i don't have the extra software discs oh well, guess I don't need it... LOL

M

MacHeadCase

If I'm not mistaken, OS 9 in the Jaguar days was on its own install CD. I had it on the bunch of CDs that came with my igloo iMac way back when. It was a kit of CDs. It must be on one of those CDs if you kept them.

Edited to add:

Yeah, if you didn't keep the extra software CDs, you won't find the OS 9 installer then, I'm afraid.

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that is ok, that was my fault lol.. i know next time i will keep em, i may acutally look on ebay for a set of 10.3 with those extras.. thanks for the help i think NEO OFFICE will be great for what I need..

I just seen the interface of neo office and it looks wayy better than applesystem works.. i will stick with this, I need the extra hard drive space any way LOL

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.