belkin router causing problems

C

chrischris

Hello, i have just bought a macbook, and am very new to them, although i am not computer illiterate.

anyway, i ahve a belkin wireless, router, and Airpot can detect it but will not connect to it (i have connected twice though, and i dont know how)

when i scan for devices it finds it,then says ''there was an error joining the irport network belkin 45g''

network diagnostics doesnt work; as i do not WEP protection and i cannot continue without a password, assistant doesnt work either. or at least i cant help it.

this is really depressing me, if anyone can help id be very grateful

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just to be sure, you DO or DO NOT have WEP or WPA enabled on the Belkin?

OP
C

chrischris

do NOT. it never worked with my previous laptop, so i left it off. there is noone in miles of me using a wireless router.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do you have any other system with WiFi you can try with the Belkin? If there is no security, it should log right in. Makes me wonder if it's not a router issue.

OP
C

chrischris

nope, nothing at all. ive gotten on twice, and i dontk now how, but i cant seem to get back on now, ist been DAYS and when i did get it working, the settings never saved.

i just dont get it :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.