ibook 933mhz & Garageband

I

introspection

I am considering an ibook, mainly for photoshop and recording <garageband>. But I've been reading things that state the ibook has no audio input. Does this mean i have to buy a USB audio interface in order to record?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
introspection said:
I am considering an ibook, mainly for photoshop and recording <garageband>. But I've been reading things that state the ibook has no audio input. Does this mean i have to buy a USB audio interface in order to record?

Yes,

We are having to do the same with my wife's 12" iBook. We got the USP-Midi interface to her Roland keyboard. To record vocals or connect a guitar (or electric violin in our case) to it you need the USB audio interface.

Anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive but usable one?

Jerry

OP
I

introspection

Does the ibook have a mic input? If so would it be possible to use an instrument adaptor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
introspection said:
Does the ibook have a mic input? If so would it be possible to use an instrument adaptor?

Nope....Just a headphone / audio out jack.

Jerry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.