• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How do u take a screen shot in mac osx 10.4 tiger?

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4, 14.1,768mb,1.2ghz,60 gig, cdrw/dvd slot drive,extreme card
Ok i started a new thread about why mac 9 isn't int he full install dvd but if i upgrade from 10.2 it will upgrade my os 9.1 to 9.2 and i can run my appleworks..

M

MacHeadCase

Cool! This will help others in this community to find the same info easier. Thanks!

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here is my screen shot

sswithdock-1.jpg
Notice how I used the little duck with a Ibook 14inch instead of the regular duck...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
thanks NOVICE, I will check that out as well.. That is the more show off way, people that see that won't know what is going on, can u change the screencapture -i image.jpg to screenshot.jpg? Or any other file name?

Yes. You can give any name you like. You can even save it in any place you like.
eg. If you want to call that image "krash" and save it in your picture folder(or anywhere else), try

screencapture -i ~/Picture/krash.jpg

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kool, thanks novicew. U like the screen shot?? that is adium

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
for some reason my osx setup dvd doesn't put mac 9.1 on there.. or 9.2... Weird...
That is because they are two completely different operating systems.
OS 9 and OS X are completely different.

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes devilboy but u can run them together and they do come together in jaguar 10.2 and 10.3 I am guessing I know it is in the extras on 10.2 i have it but not the extras.. Also u can run some programs in osx10.4 that run in os 9.1. 9.2 without having to jump from startup disk to starup disk..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
hey everyone, i want to take a screen shot of my desktop so i can send it to my MACLESS friend so he can see what he is missing, I figured out how to make adium look like my contacts are just on my desktop and won't move so i don't have to shrink it it just stays.. Let me know how to take a screen shot please..

I'm lazy:

picture1pp4.jpg

Changed the key combination to take screenshots as above. Now pressing F13 wiill save a screenshot as jpeg on the desktop. If I double-click on it, I can draw a frame over a certain area using the mouse...

picture2fx0.jpg

...hit Apple C, Apple N, save the resulting image as jpeg, and upload to imageshack.

screen3hm4.jpg

Not the old skoole way of doing it on a Mac, but the F13 key is right close where the PrntScrn key would be on a Windows-Keyboard.

OP
Krash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
u rock kar98 thanks :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.