Help! Major OSX issue with mice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2
Today I have encountered a major issue with OSX. Its been working fone for months, I woke my iMac up from sleep this morning and it worked ok, but suddenly the mouse started jumping about. Jumps striaght into the top right hand corner of the screen as soon as I start to move it.

My first idea obviously was that the optical mouse wasent reflecting correctly, as some cheaper mice do, so tried a second mouse, which did the exact same thing. Tried on various mouse mats and surfaces, all do the same thing.

So I rebooted my iMac and tried again, the same thing again! Its an intel mac and has windows on boot camp, so decided to test this in here. Booted into windows and the mice both work fine. Booted back into OSX and the issue is there again! I have no idea what is causing it. So now im having to use windows as OSX is un-usable at the moment. Help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.