Newbie Download Help Needed Please?

Reaction score
First of all,im glad to have made the switch after plenty of ummming and arrring!

Ive just bought a new imac,my first Mac and have just gotten round to downloading.

Ive downloaded Transmission after some advice from other Mac users but cant seem to get anything going.Ive gone through some old advice given out using the search option but cant seem to crack it.

Anyone have a idiot proof way of getting round the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Ive downloaded Transmission after some advice from other Mac users but cant seem to get anything going.Ive gone through some old advice given out using the search option but cant seem to crack it.

Anyone have a idiot proof way of getting round the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure just what your "Issue" is... "Transmission" What is that? Are you talking about the program "Transmit" ? which is an FTP program ? Just what issure are you having?

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry,

Should have said i cant get any downloads going.Im sure its something to do with the firewall settings but am not sure on how i go about changeing them.

Reaction score
Can you explain:

(1) What program are you trying to use?
(2) What are you trying to download?
(3) What errors or system messages are you seeing that tell you there is a problem?

OP
M
Reaction score
Can you explain:

(1) What program are you trying to use?
(2) What are you trying to download?
(3) What errors or system messages are you seeing that tell you there is a problem?

Hi, Im using Transmission for downloading Music mainly.

The error says NAT problem?

Reaction score
if you're getting a NAT error that means either your software firewall or router is blocking the port that Transmission wants to use. to get rid of that you'll have to forward the port your want, for example, some people forward port 52000.

go to www.portforward.com and choose your router/wireless router, then it will tell you to pick the program in question (in your case it would be Transmission) then it will walk you through step by step on how to forward your ports.

the other way around it is to turn off all firewalls but i don't really recommend that for the obvious reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.