DVI to VGA output problem

B

brendan.wright

Hi Guys,

I purchased a mini dvi to vga adapter for my macbook yesterday and want to link the macbook to my lcd hdtv.

It works perfectly in XP via bootcamp but in OS X I cannot get the **** thing working, if I plug in a standard lcd computer monitor it works straight away, but it just doesn't like the LCD tv! I thought this would be plug and play, XP had no problems.

If I hotswap the lead from the computer monitor to the tv then the picture comes on the tv briefly then flickers off once the mac has recognised it and I get "NO SIGNAL".

Anybody any ideas on what I am doing wrong here?

Many thanks

Brendan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83GHz
Does choosing "detect displays" do anything?

Reaction score
It could be a resolution or frequency problem. I would try to change the resolution of the TV display to see if that fixes the problem. You might have a bit difficulty since the display preferences for the TV will be on the TV screen, but gather windows should let you get to those preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.