iphoto issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I have spent a great deal of time setting up my iphoto. Now recently I have been having trouble. If I delete an image from the main library, it leaves an outline when the picture used to be. (if I scroll fast it shows up). Also, when I empty the trash iphoto closes without saving any changes.

Kinda a dumb question, but if I put in the original disk can I simple reinstall iphoto without screwing up my smart albums and keywords?

iphoto.jpg

bone

OP
boneheadz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Okay, after several hours of playing I fixed the problem, but don't know what caused it.

The "ghost" images where created when duplicate images where deleted. (dups happened when I imported from windows box)

I started by deleting .plst file, no love.

Backed up libary and reinstalled iphoto, no love

I started delete one ghost image at a time, then emptying trash. Closing iphote every three deletes to save changes.

Found about twenty ghost images caused crash.

I realized that I had created "smart albums" before I had noticed the ghost images so some were in the smart albums.

I think this was causing the crashes because I delete a few albums that shared these images and it stopped crashing.

I still don't know why the original images left ghosts.

bone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.