Should i play games on my Macbook pro

W

wwmnix

i got my macbook pro mainly for video editing and such, but i want to know if it 's recommended to play something like WoW on this laptop. I burnt a laptop a few years ago playing a few games, so im really cautious to overheating situations now.

The bottom of my macbook gets really hot when i play. Obviously its probably not a good thing, but is it possibly to play for 30-60 mins of games or should i not let it get that hot at all. i dont know how macs stand up to the heat.

And what part is heating up? the processor/ GFX card etc... it feels like its in the back directly behind the battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
There isnt alot of games for mac but yes you should play them if you want. It wont hurt you laptop. You can also play your windows games wih boot camp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't see why not. In my opinion, you should be able to do whatever your laptop can handle as long as you want and it should never overheat. If it does, either it's not working properly or not made properly.

Reminds me of cars overheating: some people with old, junky cars can't sit in too much traffic on hot days or their cars will overheat while any new car can sit all day in 100 degree heat and never overheat because it was made to be able to handle it.

if my laptop ever overheatss, Applecare will be my first call. Now that my trackpad seems to me dying out and my spacebar is making a horrible squeaking noise, that call may be coming very soon!

Reaction score
Your MBP can play games. You can play native OS X games (including WoW, which quite a few M-F people seem to play), and/or you can play any WinXP-compatible game simply by dual booting using Boot Camp (a utility available for free from Apple).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.