dual 2.0 g5 won't boot NEED HELP!

Reaction score
Ok, so i'm doing some work in after effect and all of the sudden i get this error message stating something along the lines of "hard drive not recognized".. this is from itunes.

then, as my project in ae is rendering i get a similar response.

i then have to force quit itunes, final cut and after efects because they're not responding.

i then try and put something from the desktop into the trash and i get this ticking noise coming from my hard drive and the circle of **** comes up and the whole computer isn't responding.. that stops and i go to restart.. the same tick re-occurs and im forced to hold down the power button to shut it down.

i then boot the system back up and it comes to the grey apple screen and just sits there with the apple logo and the little spin thing underneath.

IS this a bad hard drive?

nothing like this has ever happened.

PLEASE HELP!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
Judging from those ticking noises your hard drive probably bit the dust. I would just run to your local computer or electronics store and pick up a new hard drive; preferably a Seagate since they tend to last much longer than the other brands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 933 quicksilver (2001) 1.5 gb ram, 300 gig hd. Macbok 2.0 duocore2 1 gb ram 13 inch white 120hd
yea ur hard drive is probabally shot. you should pick up like 2 hard drives. one for ur os, and another for all ur songs and other stuff ur saving. that way it wolnt be working soo hard on one disk. might run more stable that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
Or you could pick up 2 matching hard drives and run them in RAID1 so that your data is mirrored across 2 hard drives. You'd be hard pressed to lose everything in a setup like that...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.