Importing a File

J

Justin_ports

So I download Beatles Album Revolver... They download to my desktop. They are all .mp3 files. If I go into the info file though the preview section is unavailable and the "More Info" section doesn't detail any of the typical information like album, duration etc.

So I try File, Add to Library but nothing. I drag all the files into Itunes... Nothing again. Why can't Itunes recognize these files and why can't I add them to my play list ? Bad download or am I missing something?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
what happens if you just double click on one of them?

great album, by the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
well if you haven't changed the iTunes default. If you just double click them, they should play in iTunes, and copy over to the iTunes folder. Then all you would have to do is delete the originals off the desktop.

But make sure to see that iTunes copies them first, it will show you in the upper display(in iTunes) immediately after it opens in iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.