12 inch ibook and widescreen external monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
I am very interested in using an external widescreen lcd monitor with my 12 ibook g4 @ home. I don't really mind that I can't use it as a dual monitor but I don't like the fact that maximum resolution it can support on an external monitor is only 1024x768.

Is there a software workaround? I heard of some ibook hack but it only supports the dual screen spanning correct?

I would REALLY REALLY appreciate some help b/c lcd monitor's are getting dirt cheap and I would love to ease of a bigger screen on my eyes.

appreciate the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
you could always go way big by geting a projector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
mmmm projectors :D

...we use them at my work for school and most of them cost over $5000 each. Even if you get a bigger screen and only do 1024x768 it will still be much bigger then what you have now. Verything will just end up being very big.

[edit]
After I posted, I did a little search and came across this...

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28030&highlight=ibook+resolution+hack

This should fix your little problem. You may be able to come up with some more results with search and a "ibook resolution hack" query!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.