Shapeshifter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Does anyone use this app? pros? cons? is it worth the purchase?

Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

Darn! You shoulda signed up for the MacHeist that's on right now... You still have 31 hours left. :girl:

ShapeShifter is well known in the Mac theming community.

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Darn! You shoulda signed up for the MacHeist that's on right now... You still have 31 hours left. :girl:

ShapeShifter is well known in the Mac theming community.

its a great deal that macheist.. i just dont know if i would use any of the other programs.. ill tell you this much so far from what i have seen shapeshifter looks pretty sweet!!

M

MacHeadCase

Well, Delicious Library is great to catalogue all your CDs, books, etc. Like what if you loan a book to your buddy but he doesn't return it and you forget about it, only to need it in a year and you don't remember the loaner? You can do this with this software. You can scan the barcode with your iSight cam.

The games from Pangea are great and fun to play. RapidWeaver can help you create webpages. Disco is for burning CDs and DVDs. Etc.

Heck! They're all a lot of fun to use! And it's a steal at that price.

But I would google «ShapeShifter review» and see what comes up. Maybe you'll then know if the app is worth it. You might also read some Mac theme forums and see how the members talk about it in there.

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, Delicious Library is great to catalogue all your CDs, books, etc. Like what if you loan a book to your buddy but he doesn't return it and you forget about it, only to need it in a year and you don't remember the loaner? You can do this with this software. You can scan the barcode with your iSight cam.

The games from Pangea are great and fun to play. RapidWeaver can help you create webpages. Disco is for burning CDs and DVDs. Etc.

Heck! They're all a lot of fun to use! And it's a steal at that price.

But I would google «ShapeShifter review» and see what comes up. Maybe you'll then know if the app is worth it. You might also read some Mac theme forums and see how the members talk about it in there.

in your opinion is disco better than handbrake? will it rip into mp4 formatt?

M

MacHeadCase

Well to be honest... I only got the Heist this a.m., haven't tried all the stuff in it, too much in it!

Maybe you can check to see if there is a full-featured demo for a trial period?

Oh and I forgot to mention iClip! This is like Mac OS X's Clipboard on steroids, man!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I've haven't been sold on disco as of yet it seems like a neat app. but I don't know if its hand brake. I know that my macbook won't smoke. It says underage gfxcard, boo! I use toast and handbrake and mack the ripper. There are some cool lokking apps on the heist but I don't know if its for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've used Shapeshifter before and it seemed to work well. My big problem was that, IMHO, all of the themes for it SUCKED!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
Shapeshifter is pretty nifty i have it now and i have this nice skin on it. I guess you could say its like windows blinds for xp?

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've used Shapeshifter before and it seemed to work well. My big problem was that, IMHO, all of the themes for it SUCKED!

Do you still use it? I have a few sites with some pretty cool themes in my opinion black/red etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
Goddayam that MacHeist deal is bloody good! Still got 16 hours to go...might have to find $49!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I got the Macheist bundle as well...
Shapeshifter is pretty nice, it took a while to find a theme that I'm happy with, but I'm using Purewhite at the moment at I love the different look & feel!

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is it just me or is it a bit ironic that on a mac you have to pay $20 but on a pc its free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Do you still use it? I have a few sites with some pretty cool themes in my opinion black/red etc.

Nah, have not used it in a while. Link me to some sites and I'l look at the themes though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
check out the december desktops here at macforums...you'll see a lot of people using shapeshifter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.