my cdrws wont play

C

chickenchoker

Help ive been copying my own music cd's to play on my own cd player ,no matter how i try the cd player will not recognise my copied disks. i noticed the origonal disk is in aif format and the copied disks are mpgs. Can anyone help me please. ps my cd player is a rotel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
what software you use to burn disks?

if its iTunes, here is what you should do:
1. open CD with iTunes
2. click import (contents of CD will end up in your library as mp3 files.
3. make playlist from your files.
4. go to iTunes>preferences>burning and check audio CD.
5. go back and click burn.

OP
C

chickenchoker

MAC-simus said:
what software you use to burn disks?

if its iTunes, here is what you should do:
1. open CD with iTunes
2. click import (contents of CD will end up in your library as mp3 files.
3. make playlist from your files.
4. go to iTunes>preferences>burning and check audio CD.
5. go back and click burn.
tried all that you said still no joy rotel cd player does not recognise the disk i even put 5 seconds betwene tracks still no joy

OP
C

csogilvie

CD-RWs and CD-Rs as you probably have noticed, are considerably different in colour from regular shiny CDs. If your CD player is on the lower end of the spectrum, or slightly elderly, it may not be able to adjust it's laser output power to be able to get a reading off the CD-RW or CD-R. The different colour of the disc reflects a different wavelength of laser-light than a shiny-silver commerciallly released CD would.

If you have mastered the disc properly to play as an audio CD, then I would recomend trying to play your disc in any other player if you haven't already. Newer and/or more expensive machines adjust the laser output to sufficient power to get a reading off of disc.

If that doesn't work, try a different brand of media. Different companies use their own technology and formulation of the material that makes up the disc. Perhaps your equipment might have better luck with different materials.

If you are are trying to use CD-RWs only to save a few bucks, you may discover that your CD player can't use them. If you are really unlucky it may not even handle CD-Rs either. If your computer can read the discs you make, chances are the discs are just fine and your CD player is to blame.

First try playing your discs in a different machine. If it plays, then this will tell you your CD player is to blame. However, if you don't want to part with your CD player just yet, try a different brand of CD-RW or CD-R in the hopes that the different formulation of the disc will work in your machine.

I hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.