Increase Volume?

Reaction score
The volume on my MacBook, even at the highest level, is really just not enough to listen to movies easily. I was wondering if there are any tools out there that let you boost the volume of all the sounds that come through the speakers. Thanks. Also, I'm kind of curious if sound is better on the MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Have experienced same with the built-in MBP speakers. When running Windows (Boot Camp) the volume is much louder.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i've got a pair of these, they are fantastic:

creative travelsound
prod10796_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

powerd by usb, connect to headphone jack, clip on or stand up on their own.
they're very nice sounding for their size. also come with a battery pack if you will be using them with something like an ipod or portable cd player.

you can most likely find comparable, and possibly cheaper units though with a quick google search: usb powered speakers.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well I suppose I could just use external speakers ... inconvenient though. Even though at max volume iTunes isn't extremely loud, I can at least here it well enough. Almost all other applications though don't seem to be at all loud enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.