Really Dumb Question... Install Media?

Ok, I know this is going to be a dumb question. I got my new Macbook pro today and in my zest to unpack it, I did not see any OS X Install CD's. I saw someone else asking about this. Are we supposed to get installaton CD's?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ok, I know this is going to be a dumb question. I got my new Macbook pro today and in my zest to unpack it, I did not see any OS X Install CD's. I saw someone else asking about this. Are we supposed to get installaton CD's?

On my Intel Mini they were in a Gray box with the manuals inside the main box. They are DVD's. There should be 2 of them.

Gray box with a White Apple. Hope they have not changed but there are DVD's with your machine unless it was opened before you bought it somewhere.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
white macbook core duo.

same as dtravis.

disks came in the same sort of grey box.
once i lifted the macbook out of the bottom styrofoam piece, the box was inset into the styrofoam centered beneath the macbook.

i think there's a macbook pro unpacking thread with lots of pics... i'll see if i can find it.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
here you go, should have looked something like this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
they should be in there man, you probably over looked them
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.