WinXP in Boot Camp right click how?

Reaction score
I did a search; this problem has been reported repeatedly but I didn't see any reference to a solution.

Problem: when first installed, WinXP in Boot Camp understood both the "two-finger" right click and standard left click options using the trackpad on my MBP. But a subsequent boot-up to the WinXP side resulted in complete loss of "clickability" on the trackpad itself. I can't click, double-click, left-click, or two-finger scroll any more ... all of which I could do the last time.

Is there a place to download the driver and re-install? Using the built-in WinXP driver update, the computer downloads a generic MS mouse driver.

Reaction score
The Boot Camp disks has drivers for the trackpad, but I don't think 2 finger scrolling works in Xp.. What version of BootCamp do you have?

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
I have 1.1.2 beta. I don't have a CD to burn to right now but I saved the drivers to my desktop and will try to re-install them when I get home from the weekend.

Thanks!

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
Pardon my double post ...

I found the root cause of my problem.

The root cause of my problem was: me.

I forgot it was "two fingers on trackpad, click" to right-click in WinXP. I kept thinking it worked the same way as Mac OS X. That's what I get for using a mouse for a week and forgetting how to do it "native style."

Mea culpa.

Reaction score
same problem here- nothing works. ctrl click doesn't work, and clicking the trackpad with 2 fingers down doesn't work. any ideas anyone? bit peed off, paid over a thousand quid for this macbook pro and can't even right-click, so it's unuseable for me at the moment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.