ctrl-enter on the mac?

Reaction score
Hi All,
In the pc world I got really used to typing the domain such as yahoo, and then doing a control-enter and it would add the www. and the.com
Is there some similar option in the mac world, or do I need to learn to type the whole thing again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
This is awesome! Never heard of it before. Added to both of your reputations!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Actually nothing is needed, just press return / enter. Try it type yahoo and hit enter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Actually nothing is needed, just press return / enter. Try it type yahoo and hit enter.
This is the biggest issue I run into when I am on a windows machine. I type in yahoo or whatever and hit enter and instead of taking me to www.yahoo.com it does a MSN search for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I use Ctrl-Enter a lot on my Windows machine, so I was a bit annoyed when it wouldn't work in Safari or Firefox until I accidentally hit the Apple key and then Enter. Been using it ever since I stumbled upon this "discovery"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i just type where i want to go and hit enter no www or .com's
for i just type "yahoo" or "myspace" or "mac-forums" and it brings me to the right spot....some websites that use .org or .edu need those on the end but 99.9% of the time you dont need to bother in safari or firefox
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.