Wierd. An I though this was only a MS thing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
So, I bought an EP from the iTunes store (Hot Chip's US Sessions - genius) and popped it onto my iPod (4gig Mini; it's OLD now!). They played just fine for a couple of days, but when I came back to them a coupla days later, they didn't want to play.

On the iPod, they just skip through the song titles and then go back to the menu screen.

Is there some kind of 'playing protection' on the tracks that would limit the number of times they can be played on an iPod? You'da thought that, if you've BOUGHT them from the stores, you'd own the files...

Curses. Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is it just those song are are there other songs that are doing the same thing? I've seen this before and it generally means the iPods firmware has become corrupted and need to be restored.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, ok. I restored it only a couple of weeks back & it's doing this now... blech.

Gonna go to the Apple shop later and gets me a 30gig...!@

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If your current iPod is still in warranty, take it to the Genius bar and let them look at it.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 'Mini' was well past warranty. Just went out and bought a 30Gig iPod to replace it...it's a lovely bit of kit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.