Just got my new imac couple questions

Reaction score
Just got my 20' imac and really love it! I couldn't be happier what a well made piece of machinery this is. Now all I have to do is find a way to convert all my .wmv files to .mov so i can edit and burn them using idvd. Is there any one program that can do this? Right now I think I have to use the flip program them quicktime pro. Any other ideas?

Feels great to be a mac convert! hate to admit I have been wrong all these years, but live and learn.

Reaction score
For this cause, you'll have to make a minor investment:

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv.htm

The 29$ package will do the job for you. Unfortunately, WMV is a horribly proprietary format by microsoft, and you should refrain from using it in the future. It's just bad :) .

OP
J
Reaction score
I agree

I totally agree with you Yogi, it is, and I will never use it in the future!!! Thanks for the advice, I thought that is the route I would have to take.

Reaction score
Yes it might be. But be sure to at least have the WMV player, because the internet is still fostered with so many WMV movies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.