Got my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB Hd
Hello, I'm writing from the living room from my new Macbook Pro. I've only been using it for about an hour but I'm lovin it so far!!! I got a new wireless router and set up my first ever wireless network and I have to say it was very simple. I got the WRT54G router and it was a snap to set up. I've never done this before so excuse me for being excited about not being tied to the computer desk all the time. This is definately a new experience for me, Mac and wireless. What a day. I was worried because this is my first Mac ever but I think I'm going to love it even more as time goes on and once iWork 07 comes out I'll be on my way. Of course when i get the chance I'll put a game on here too but for now I just want to spend time getting familiar with this. Thank you everyone for all your posts, questions and comments. I've been lurking here for a while while I was thinking of switching and I think I'll be glad I did. Simply awesome.

Thank you!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
congratulations and good luck with your new macbook pro!

(i'm jealous that you have dedicated video...
icon12.gif
)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Congratulations.

In case you haven't done it, make sure your wireless is as secure as you can make it. I'm sure there are some tips here and elsewhere.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB Hd
That's what I need to do tonight. I didn't have much time last night and I just wanted to get it up and running. My connection did hiccup last night and I had to use the window's pc that's hardwired to fix the connection. I don't know what happened but it had to try to get a new IP address or something? I don't know it was 1am and I was tired. Figured if it happened again I'll write it down next time and post here in the networking forum and see what happened. Tonight I'll be reading on how to make my wireless secure. The router came with a CD-rom that it said to use first but I didn't. Didn't think I needed to on the desktop and didn't think it would work in the Mac. I'll mess with it more tonight. So far though, still love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The router came with a CD-rom
You shouldn't need that. You should be able to log into the router and do what is required. Don't forget to set a password for the router too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
You shouldn't need that. You should be able to log into the router and do what is required. Don't forget to set a password for the router too.

Otherwise people might steal your interweb...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.