Bought the original iMac, have a couple questions.

K

k__

Picked up an old iMAC for $10 the other day Came with everything, the only problem is it won't boot up It just doesn't wanna power up. Any ideas?

This is my first MAC and I bought it to see if I liek how MAC works so I can decide between a Windows laptop or a powerbook.

I've never even touched a mac before, anything I should read or look at before trying to start learning it?

Thanks!

OP
C

Chamorro

So you don't hear any chimes or see the power light LED come on?

1st - Have you checked to make sure everything's connected? Not just the power, but the IDE cables, etc. While you have it apart, just make sure everything looks seated properly and check the RAM, too. Be careful w/ the CRT...check out this disassembly guide Here.

If there are still prob's, it may be related to the HD, or the power board.

Do you know which model you have (233 mHz, 266 mHz, 333 mHz, 400mHz)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac g3 333mhz Rev. D 190mb Ram 10.2.8 Bondi Blue
Rembers To Check Date In Future :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Please don't think I'm talking down to you but the original posts were in 2004

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac g3 333mhz Rev. D 190mb Ram 10.2.8 Bondi Blue
*swears* dang Im sorry I had the site open and I googled for something and this must ahve come up. you know how it happens.

Reaction score
First you need to replace the Rom Battery. The T part of the case on the botton comes off and you side out the board. Replace battery and side it back together connect the cables back the way found them. If it still will not fire up it can be several issues from loop back power supply to Death by Ten.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.