final cut problems

S

shacky

Hi I have a MacBook 2.0ghz 1GB C2D and I just got a Final cut from apple website and i installed it but comes up with an error saying it can't find a AGP graphics card. Could you help me out here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
uhh oh bad move you have the intel gma 950 and final cut wont run on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is it final cut pro or express and you dont seem too mad that you wasted your money on it.. are you sure you even payed for it? if you did sorry for accusing you of stealing but you never know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
call apple up and ask them about it. im not sure if you can.

OP
S

shacky

Will do. They don't say much about it not supporting MacBook graphics card how am supposed to know is there any good replacement for final cut.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What version of final cut pro studio do you have? Version 5.0 is for the PowerPC system, and 5.1 is for the Intel system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What version of final cut pro studio do you have? Version 5.0 is for the PowerPC system, and 5.1 is for the Intel system.

It doesnt support his graphics card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
Actually, apple doesn't support the intel 950 with FCP, but it does work. Albit Motion and I beleive livetype don't run well at all. The error he is getting is because he is using 5.0 not the UB version. You need to check the version you need 5.1. If you just purchased it then it should be the right version, if you didn't just purchase it <wink> you can get the crossgrade for about 100 you just have to send Apple your original FCP cds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.