iphoto application doesn't open

Reaction score
I cannot open my iphoto program,nor from my desktop, nor from the applications folder.I have over 7000 photos precious to me,any ideas of what went wrong and how i can fix it? many thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Remove the iphoto.plist.. file from /Users/<User Name>/Library/.

OP
E
Reaction score
hello novicew.thanks for advice but i tried that with no joy.It says"loading photos" with the spinning circle and all but nothing happens.Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
try deleting your cache too

OP
E
Reaction score
So i solved my problem.very simple in the end.I went to home/Pictures/iphotoLibrary.I moved the photo library folder to my desktop(changed name)and then opened iphoto with no photos inside.I then copied folder my folder back into iphoto.All is as it was.Hopefully this may help someone.Ciao Ciao

Reaction score
I cannot open my iphoto program,nor from my desktop, nor from the applications folder.I have over 7000 photos precious to me,any ideas of what went wrong and how i can fix it? many thanks in advance

I had the same problem If you are using dual-monitor setup, switch it on and iPhoto album is there.

Reaction score
iphoto does not open

Edzz I tried moving the iphoto library to desktop and renaming it and then open iphoto. The spinning wheel still spins.
Can someone please help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.