external monitor question

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
so for christmas i'm getting a bunch of best buy gift cards for my family. basically, i want to do a real fly set up in my house. currently i lay on a couch and use my laptop, but it sucks for homework and all that.

i'm getting a nice desk. i want to hook up a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc to do the whole desktop thing with my iBook. i want to get this monitor. it's max resolution according to best buy's website is 1440x900. would my ibook have to run at that resolution to make that work? i'm sure i could run it at 1024x768, but i read that the native resolution on that monitor is higher...would that make the monitor look fuzzy? what else would i need to do this? i have the VGA adapter already. do i need another program or anything to download? will i have to change settings or will this be plug and play?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
it's max resolution according to best buy's website is 1440x900. would my ibook have to run at that resolution to make that work? i'm sure i could run it at 1024x768,
By default, your iBook will only allow mirroring to the external display. It will only be able to run a maximum resolution of 1024x768 on the external display, regardless of whatever the monitor's highest setting is.

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that's kind of what i was thinking. will it be blurry or distorted on the monitor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
yeah i probably would.. unless you centered the image in the middle of the moniter but you would have black all around it and it would get annoying.. kinda like watching a wide sceen movie on a cheap tv...

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh no. that ruins my plans of widescreen goodness. :-(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.