iCal Dock icon should show today's date

Reaction score
There's at least one small side effect to doing this. Emails sent will have this as their datestamp:

Date: July 26, 2007 Thu. Jul 26, 2007 6:11 AM

It's showing the date and the time but since you customized the time so it includes the date you end up with the date twice.

This dosn't bother me though. I'd much rather have the date on the menu bar. I'm hoping Leopard lets us without a 'hack'.

I don't know if there are other side effects but I wouldn't be surprised.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
worked for me !

Reaction score
With all the other great things OS X and Apple applications bring to the digital table, I'm genuinely surprised that the iCal icon doesn't have as much functionality as the Mail icon. Would there be an easy way to do this with a plugin?

I think this is what your looking for! ;)

Download iConiCal for Mac - Set iCal icon/dock icon to show the current date in colors. MacUpdate Mac Icon Tools Software Downloads

iConiCal allows users of OS X to set iCal's icon and dock icon to show the current date in a choice of colours, even when iCal is closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iCal icon shows the current date now, not sure when Apple added in this feature. No need for workarounds anymore.

Reaction score
Is there a way or widget to change the default geographic location in the Dashboard Widgets all at once. Most people don't live in Cupertino CA and it looks like the only way to change the location is to open each widget and change them one at a time...call me lazy but it seems there should be an easier way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.