notebook is idle but randomly starts making a lot of noise.

Reaction score
My Macbook all of a sudden started to make a lot of noise while i was on myspace (trying to play a song off a music profile). I quit firefox and the only other open programs were adium & quicksilver. The HD slowly started to slow down. Then while i was away from my computer for a few minutes (wasnt in sleep mode yet) i come back and its doing the same thing again (very loud) like its doing something.. but i dont know what?

what could this be? Could it be myspace? Why?

Reaction score
i have noticed this sortof also. just in the past week since ive started using firefox rather than safari, my CPU seems to be doing alot more work, it spikes up to about 20-40% usage constantly, where as it used to only be at 8-15% cpu usage for all my tasks while i was using safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
do you use Firefox 2.0? I think I have the same problem too.

Reaction score
yes i do, and it seems once ive started using firefox 2.0, althought its fixed the problem i have had with safari crashing on my a couple times a day with tabbed browsing, it appears to be putting alot of "strain" or use on my processor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.