• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why did you choose your username?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Let's see everyone explain their username...

Back in '95 I was introduced to the internet and subsequently Perch32 (a chatting forum). I needed a username and being a big Weezer fan at the time, I chose my favorite song "Surfwax America" and tacked on the last 2 digits of the year...

Favorite Song + Year = Surfwax95

I've used it for everything ever since...

You?

Reaction score
mine is pretty obvious, except for the fact the the number 8 is my lucky/favorite number

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i used mine cuz i made a new gmail adress and this is it, so i use it for everything now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Mine is actually not that relevant anymore. I was a big dave matthews fan for a while and three of my favorite songs with Tripping Billies, Monkey man and #41.

Haven't listened to them much in the past few years but I don't change usernames very often

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
Given to me by a granddaughter to identify me from her other Papa based upon my "unique" hairstyle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
In high school I got real big into hardcore punk and punk in general, I also was in the band playing tuba (still play tuba today). So I put two and two together and you'e got PunkRockTuba. Ive tried other usernames, but none of them work like this one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've always been a huge fan of punk music since I was a kid (now 21).. And since I'm a huge geek, as most say, I formed "punkr0x0r," meaning "punk-rocker" using leet speak, kinda showing my two favorite things: Punk/Ska music and technology.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I was signing up for yahoo email in 1997 and I had been working as a truck driver in the summer to make money for college. I used my first name and the number of the truck that I had been driving all summer. I've been using it since. Still have the yahoo email account too, though I rarely use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I joined the Usenix mailing list in '89 (I know, dating myself) and I needed a username. There was a carabiner sitting on my desk at the time so I typed that in (misspelling it in the process) and stuck the number 23 at the end.

The rest, as they say, is history. :)

(The Felix avatar came around the same time-- I've always been a fan of that cat.)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mine is my name. The D is for Dennis and you know the last name. 7 is a number I have always used with my name for a few reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
The Wicker Man is my favourite song by Iron Maiden (my favourite band) and I use it as my username for most forums etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Well my name is Annette but some of my family calls me Netty. I added the 4mac because I'm Nutty4mac's(as in crazy for macs) but I changed it to Netty4mac...haha get it?!? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
I chose my screen name SunsetRoadzter because my car color is called LeMan's Sunset and it's a convertible. Nissan 350Z Baby!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
It's the name I use on pretty much any message board I post on. However it is derived from one of my favorite KMFDM songs "Godlike". I just replaced the God part with my name. :D

Reaction score
Mine is my old login for my work network. I still use it today and it's been 12 years since I got it and 6 years since i left that company.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Mine is because when I signed up for my first forum back in 2000, I was working as a photographer. Hence Say Cheese. I use different variations with and without spaces/hyphens/underscores between the two words.

The avatar was made for me by somone on another forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
When I applied for a university e-mail address I was apparently the seventh J. Helm... at my school. I have no real strong affinity for James Bond, but some of the books and movies were pretty good.

Reaction score
I'm a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, Donovan McNabb's number is 5, and GreenEagle doesn't sound as good as SilverEagle, in my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.