• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why did you choose your username?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Mine, Ice Cream Man, or abbreviated in other forum in replies as ICM. Is a result my first job after high school. I worked at walmart, in frozen over night. And I always did the ice cream, and kids would regularly call me the ice cream man. So I used it, and have used it for a long time.

M

MacHeadCase

When I joined my first forum, I considered myself like a kind of Mac Evangilist and the place already had a MacHead, so I thought HeadCase but I thought it was too negative. HarHar. :p

Besides I didn't want to let go of the word Mac so I finally went with MacHeadCase and have kept it ever since, wherever I go. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
its pieces of my name. Kory, Sean, Doren.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i lucked out, my name in it's unedited/unmodified form wasn't taken.

i pondered using names i'd used at other forums, but decided against them (spook, flightless, subaruissimo).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
well mine is kinda obvious... imac cause i have one matt cause its my name and 09 cause i graduate then

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
it is the attack of mac?
this is perhaps the best sn...ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
i'm a redhead and i like cherries
yay :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I am a big Jean Michel Jarre fan... so Zoolook seemed like a good name. I have used it on many other discussion forums.

Reaction score
Mine is a mix of where and who I am. NMI = Northern Mariana Islands and I'm Mike

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Reaction score
kids started calling me metal jim back before metal got cool again (around 93) and i was the only kid around into hardcore. the name stuck all through school and many years afterward, and i'm one of the few dudes around (in our circle) still into h/c. i use it on every message board i'm visit. pretty lame, but it works.

i know, metal is not hardcore, but it rolls off the tongue better.

Reaction score
I was banned after a fight with another since banned member and decided that I should just get over it and rejoined immediately.

I couldn't use my previous username so I had to come up with a new one on the spot ... I just didn't put much thought into it as I was a bit stressed at the time I guess.

I just love some of the usernames here and think they are such a clever play on words.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Well back when I got my first mac, I found these forums about 48 hours later. It was a 15inch powerbookg4 1.5ghz..... I was 16 at the time and when I needed a name, I looked down at my screen. It said powerbook, then I thought, there were a number of different kinds of powerbooks... so i added the g4 at the end... and that is how i got my name. I don't have a powerbook any more, but I still like the name.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Well mine is kinda weird but not really. macmini because I was getting one when I joined (But didnt get one till this past may) and 3399 cause well it looks cool. See weird but not really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
My police K-9's (Doberman Pinscher) name was Dillinger, his badge number was 63. Sadly, he was killed on duty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
My police K-9's (Doberman Pinscher) name was Dillinger, his badge number was 63. Sadly, he was killed on duty.

sorry about your dog. he was a nice looking dog. (what i can see from the pic)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.