• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why did you choose your username?

Reaction score
Yes, true... didn't think of it that way, baggss.
It'll probably be merged anyway, I just want to contribute, do my part:)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Are we getting somewhere?;)

If we are, where are we going?...are we there yet??;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
What will happen tomorrow? Will we still be alive? Will my Mac still work? Will Microsoft be bought by Apple? Will I win a million bucks?

"OnlyTimeWillTel" :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are we getting somewhere?;)

If we are, where are we going?...are we there yet??;)

- Nick

Is that what Pigoo3 stands for? :D

Not sure on the merging as that thread is quite old. There has been recent talk about not opening up old threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Mine was only chosen because of the fact that I have an iPod Nano. I was ashamed of my old Mac NN handle so I decided to go with this.

Reaction score
@ Pigoo3 & OnlyTimeWillTell: D You guys!! lol

I'm just glad it was only one thread, I've seen worse ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
dtravis7 said:
Not sure on the merging as that thread is quite old. There has been recent talk about not opening up old threads.

Agreed. If it's a month old or more, I'd say let it be:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

We are starting to see some reasoning .... Thanks dtravis7 and the Mods :)

HAs been a lot of conjecture about all this and good to see some sense come into it ... :D

On my user name its self explanatory ... im a tattoo man and have a Mac.
Just a little disappointed now its all in lower case, now knowing and a little bit bit wiser that it is Mac .... Is there a way to change username ??

HAve looked everywhere. Am i missing something SOOOOOO simple ?

Would like to make it more aesthetically looking like * TattooedMac *

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
My last name plus rants at the end.

Reaction score
Just a little disappointed now its all in lower case, now knowing and a little bit bit wiser that it is Mac .... Is there a way to change username ??

PM Schweb... He'll work something out, or so I heard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

I understand your hesitation, I hate people that answer 2 year old questions. That being said, I honestly think that if the thread is still viable, and this one obviously is, maybe they should be merged. There are lots of folks who posted in that thread (myself included) so merging them would make sense and provide more interesting reading for the "n00bs".

A month? That's not nearly enough time. I'd say maybe a year since a lot of times information is still valid. A thread like this is still as useful as the day the other thread was stared. That's why they should be merged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
@baggss I agree with you.

My username is just my first name and my area code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro unibody 2.26ghz, 4gb ram, 250 gb hard drive
i've had my username for a LONG time, since 1999 or so. Setting up a username on an email server without using a number in it is hard so you have to be a little creative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
My name originated as "iMage" on a video game, then into "iMageX" when the prior was taken. Finally, I saw the word Image and thought ImageX sounded cool so I stuck with it. Kind of interesting to actually think about lol.

Reaction score
My current one, Wigglyone is because I'm always moving. I've got low muscle tone, so it's really hard for me to sit still and stay comfy (I end up slouching and getting muscle cramps from awkward positions) so I'm forever wiggling and moving around when I'm sitting or standing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I am Darkest Ritual. I thought of it kind of as a band name, but as I am the sole composer in my band, I figured it was acceptable to use the name as an alias for myself also.

The reason I chose it is because it is 2 words, adjective noun, easy to remember, catchy, evil sounding, and resemblant of the name Black Sabbath. but mine is superlative, meaning it's unbeatable dark and awesome. \m/

I like all things macabre.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My name originated as "iMage" on a video game, then into "iMageX" when the prior was taken. Finally, I saw the word Image and thought ImageX sounded cool so I stuck with it. Kind of interesting to actually think about lol.

*casts frost nova, blinks away, hits icy veins as an instant and frostbolts the crap out of you*

XD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
*casts frost nova, blinks away, hits icy veins as an instant and frostbolts the crap out of you*

Kind of, not really. I had the name in a different MMO but do have a mage in that game you're referring to. Lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's sweet. I guess I just answered my last PM to you by reading this post haha. The spells are pretty much universal across all rpgs, just different names. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.