AOL with netgear wireless router

M

Magic_monkey

Im having trouble configuring my mac to connect to aol using my netgear DG834Gv3 wireless router. I can see on AOL some settings that I have to change. Problem is, I dont have a clue about macs and where to enter or change the settings so I cant get anywhere. AOL provides an installer for my router for the pc but it wont work on a mac.

The router isnt connected to anything atm. I've connected it to my mac book pro, some lights have appeared but other than than, im stuck.

Please help!

Anyone using AOL on thier mac, im sure different routers wont make much difference to where/how settings are input.

Screenshots would be really helpfull!

Oh i have some aol software and i searched for my router and it said it wasnt connected but it was.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
shouldn't matter what provider you use (though are you sure you want to use AOL? really?). is it cable or dsl?

are you using a modem and a router?

ex:
wall jack ---> modem ===> router/wap ===> computer (or wireless signal)
--- = coax or phone
=== = ethernet or crossover ethernet cable

OP
M

Magic_monkey

Thanks for you reply.

I managed to sort it out last night, so now its all well!

This thread can be closed.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 17" Intel DCore
Hi.

Could you tell me how you solved this problem, I have almost the exact same problem.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.