Can I get some help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
I realize that these questions may have been answered before, and I am sorry but I couldn't find them!

- How do I get rid of the desktop icons? For ex. I have Quicksilver in my bar at the bottom, but if I send the icon to the trash, the bar one doesn't work. How do I get rid of it?

- Is there an equivilant of Dxdiag on windows (check everything technical about the computer)

- What works as the right click ?

- Does Limewire work on Macs?

Any other tips would be appreciated!

-Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You didn't install the program properly. Open up the White disk icon for quicksilver and drag the application to your applications folder and run it from there

Click the Apple at the top left -> About This Mac -> More Info for all information

Ctrl+Click or if you have it enabled in system preferences you can right click by tapping the trackpad with two fingers

Yes

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
- How do I maximize the browsing window?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
use the bottom right corner of the window and drag, or "resize" the windows. "maximize" doesn't work the same way, and honestly I'm Glad it doesn't. you can try the green button to maximize, but it doesn't work like that with all programs. Also, desktop icons aren't there unless you put them there. And if you don't see either Alias, or a little arrow in the corner of the icon, it's not a shortcut.

You should know that most applications don't need an installer. Apple software is entirely self contained, and drag and drop is how easy it is to install. Just make sure you drag it to the Applications folder.

Generally shortcuts wont exist unless you create them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.