Blinking orange light, but got internet, but cant configure airport??????????????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
home:17"pwrbk/1.67GHz/1.5GBRAM work:4x2.5GHz PPC G5/4.5GBRAM
Finally got airport set up and running, and i am on line... :)

HOWEVER!! --> the light on my base station is blinking orange instead of solid green... in system preferences under "network", 'Airport is connected to the network Apple Network 77fe5X. You are connected to the Internet via AirPort' (and i have a green indication next to AirPort!!)... BUT under the AirPort Admin Utility, i scan and re-scan and i can't get my network on there for me to configure... I even tried the AirPort Setup Assistant to configure an existing network and scan and re-scan to find my base station but no joy...

i tried resetting the base station, i unplugged it, i disconnected the router but no green light.... i'm worried that someone might be using my wireless connection, cause even with full signal strength i cant load up some pages like myspace, and in general it is much much slower than what it was when i was not using AirPort and was directly plugged into the wall....

Anybody please could you help me?????

thanx

P21

Reaction score
Dido

Yeah, I have the same exact problem with my cradlepoint MBR900. When I scan for it in airport utilities it doesn't find it but I can connect to it on the computer. The airport light on my Cradlepoint MBR900 was flashing orange but now it's a blinking green light. Still, I know it causes connectivity problems being that it's blinking instead of a solid green light. I can't troubleshoot it on my Mac because it doesn't register in airport utilities when I scan for it.:Angry:
What are somethings I can do to make my router run better?
How can I troubleshoot my airport light problem using my computer?
Just out of curiousity, Why doesn't airport utilities acknowledge that there's a wireless device (MBR900-Router) connected to my MAC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
As far as I know Airport Utilities is only for AEBS,AE and TC all which are Apple products.
As for the blinking amber light it would appear it is trying to configure the router if it does not go to green then you have it configured incorrectly.

Reaction score
had similar problem with scanning in airport utility.

finally changed my radio mode from the default 802.11n (b/g compatible) mode to 802.11n only (5 GHz) mode and it showed up fine. I was then able to configure everything wirelessly with iMac and MB.

fyi...for some reason my macs cannot see the AE if radio mode is
802.11n (b/g comp.) or 802.11n (2.4 GHz)
But it can see
802.11n (a comp.) or 802.11n only (5 GHz)

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.