iPhoto pane disappeared - HELP!

C

Catanea

HELLO...
My husband, trying to liberate memory for his iMovie activities on the iMac, did SOMETHING, and now the iPhoto PANE has disappeared. The application claims it opens, dialogue boxes appear (above the finder) the PHOTOS are there in "Pictures" "Photo Library" to be opened in Photoshop, or Preview one by one; but the iPhoto pane is GONE. I have put iPhoto out of our iBook (10.4.2, I believe) onto the FlashDisk and put THAT into Applications on the iMac (10.3.9), but that doesn't open properly either. I booted my camera up on the USB port, but that didn't help either. My next idea is to go "borrow" iPhoto from the neighbors and try to drag THAT to Applications (they have an iMac) but mostly I'm just mystified. The machine seems to think it has no problem. I'm rather frightened of having to do "Software Restore" because...will it erase everything? Do I have to do a total back-up first???
Anyone have any ideas???
:eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
do you see a dot on the left side halfway down (see attachment)? if you do just click and drag the dot to the right and it should appear

picture1gd0.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.