permissions to go to the bathroom?

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm not that new to macs. It's been about 2 years since I switched. I'm no pro, but I feel thati can hold my own when it comes down to it. However, there are some things that I'd really like to know. For example...permissions...***? My PB has been recently having a few problems. all of which, hopefully will be fixed with the disk repair first aid that I'm doing. I decided to verify and repair permissions thinking it couldn't hurt, and noticed it said that a whole crap load of programs had incorrect permissions, with the symbols, dwsdrd-w or something along those lines. Anybody care to shed some light on what that line means? What exactly do permissions do? What the point of having permissions is? Oh, while you're at it, can you just set up a class time for me too...maybe we can talk about the meaning of life too. =P
Thanks all!

Reaction score
Now that you know what all of that means, what are you going to do with it?! I studied that stuff until I was legally blind. Now I just run Repair Permissions, comfortable in the knowledge that my Mac is smarter than me!

And yes, you have permission to go to the bathroom!:eek:

OP
j00n325
Reaction score
haha, well it's not necessarily what that i wanted to do anything with it. i just wanted to know what it means, and what they do. just for personal knowledge i guess. =) thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.