2G Nano to car aux input

Reaction score
Hi,
My wife got a new car with an aux input on the stereo. The aux appears to be a stereo mini jack. I just bought her a 2G 8gig Nano (she wanted a holder for her CDs in the car so I am taking the high tech route:cool: ). The question is, do I do a stereo mini to stereo mini cord and got from the headphone jack to the aux or should I hook it up through the "other" connector on the Nano and to the aux (I have seen those cable also).
Thanks,
Mikeylee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
stereo connection.

OP
M
Reaction score
Imacmatt09,

Thank you kind sir. Now I just have to get the CDs from her car without her knowing it. :)

Say, will id tags come over on rips from CDs? I am going to rip then with iTunes. This is the frst apple product in the house so I am soooo ignorant.

:)
Mikeylee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you mean like the song names? yeah the should if they are the origanl disks and not mixes

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks again,

I mean song names, album names, artist, genre...that kind of stuff that helps categorize them. Wife only allows store bought music. She keeps me good. :)

Mikeylee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
Hi,
My wife got a new car with an aux input on the stereo. The aux appears to be a stereo mini jack. I just bought her a 2G 8gig Nano (she wanted a holder for her CDs in the car so I am taking the high tech route:cool: ). The question is, do I do a stereo mini to stereo mini cord and got from the headphone jack to the aux or should I hook it up through the "other" connector on the Nano and to the aux (I have seen those cable also).
Thanks,
Mikeylee

Do a stereo mini to stereo mini cord and go from the headphone jack to the aux input.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if the aux input is only a L/R stereo input and not some sort of digital input, then i'm guessing you won't see ID3 information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if the aux input is only a L/R stereo input and not some sort of digital input, then i'm guessing you won't see ID3 information.

i think he ment would the audio info from the cds be view able on the nano

OP
M
Reaction score
Imatmatt09,
Yes, that is what I meant. I realize it will not show up on the car stereo info display.
Thanks all,
mikeylee

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, yeah... :p

just so used to them showing up on my car stereo (mp3 cd player).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini
If you'd like to do her up right, get the nano and pick up something like one of the current generation of Alpine headunits. They have iPod fullspeed connections, which in addition to charging the iPod, lets you store the iPod, say in the glovebox, all while allowing display of song/album/artist info on the Alpine display and control of all iPod functions from the headunit as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
and depending on the car ... the steering wheel too! (i do it the aux way though)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod 8GB Nano
I think I am going to go the Aux input route as well in my car.

About how long a cable do you estimate I will need. The Aux jacks are in the back of the unit, so I will have to pull the head unit, install the jacks, and run them out the bottom of the dash.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.