14" iBook display woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
Okay, I really, really hate to mention anything disparaging about a notebook that has been a treat to use-

...but I have to.

The display on mine has two settings for print: too small, and too big.

1024x768 results in some blurring in text resolution in Appleworks, and 800x600 seems to be included nominally- the programs open don't automatically resize (as I'd hoped they would), so you have little real estate to work with multiple programs.

Am I missing another option?

I keep finding typos in documents only after I print them out- spaces are presented clumsily, etc. - and Photoshop is working well simply because of the ability to zoom in and out.

I'm open to ideas. (And no, it's not a need for glasses! It's a definate resolution issue).

Thanks!

(Okay, one other gripe: the keys are too sensitive- it's easy to double up on letters).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The issue may be partially with your iBook, but there is also a display issue with AppleWorks' word processor.

For some reason, when you take the font below 18 points in AppleWorks it displays the character spacing incorrectly. If you try to "correct" it, the actual formatting will be wrong.

The only suggestion I have beyond what you've already tried would be to increase the font size and then decrease it when you're ready to print.

Beyond that, you may want to try Microsoft Office or one of the free alternatives like NeoOffice.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.