Question about Garageband input

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
Ok, I know that you can press the record button and play notes in the keyboard in order to input them onto the track. However, that is a major PITA. Is there any way to input the notes note by note with the mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
I know that when I'm mucking around with software instruments, I am able to add/change notes. You can view it either by a grid, or by the actual musical notation (it's on the left of the track view window). As far as adding a note, I've always just copied one that was already there, and then just moved it around. Hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Hold command while the mouse is over the staff or note area and you can click to add notes. However, you can only do this once you've recorded a section. So if you want, just record a blank section and then command click in the musical notation area at the bottom of the screen to add notes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.