iMac question

J

Jim

Hello everyone. I just bought my first iMac and I was wondering if it's normal for there to be a vibration at the bottom where the Apple logo is location? Also when the room is quiet there's a hum, nothing outrageous but definitely noticeable. Again is this normal? I apologize in advance for the stupid questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
its the inverter (i think thats what its called) dont worry about it. but vibration!!? whatt

OP
J

Jim

What I mean by vibration is when I place my hand on the front panel where the logo is I feel vibration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
it could be a number of things like the hard drive fan or disk drive or even the inverter..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Mine has a vibration as well, but I am sure there is nothing to worry about, in fact i never noticed it until I put my hand on the apple logo, thanks a bunch ;)

If the vibration were causing your iMac to move around your desktop you probably would need to be concerned. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I can feel a very slight vibration from mine also. This is most likely from the hard drive spinning, as I believe it is located to the left of the apple logo (bottom left corner of the iMac)

Nothing to worry about really (I would be more worried if there was no vibration, because that would mean the HDD has failed lol!)

Regards,

Chris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
nothing to worry about. probs useful if you want to know if your hd has gone !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.